Friday 19 July 2013

L'Occitane - Comforting Winter Collection Review


Although it's summer, I recently bought this winter collection from L'Occitane as it was on sale for £12.50 (bargain!) and I didn't think it was just winter-y products! I think the RRP is around double of what I paid but I'm not entirely sure as I don't think it's available anymore. However I have seen it on Amazon for £28.00.


The make up / toiletries bag is beautiful; a cream knitted zip-up bag with the brand name near the top. Perfect for storing any essentials or using on holiday. I do worry this would get rather grubby if not looked after properly though.




Inside are six mini goodies; all from the Shea Butter collection that I'm so fond of. They all possess the lovely vintage-esque round design, stating how much Shea Butter is used in each product. I already have the 100% Shea Butter which is just gorgeous (review here), which did help tempt me to buy this collection! 


L'Occitane's Shea Butter is cultivated & harvested by the women of Burkina Faso in West Africa, where the founder of L'Occitane set up a Fair Trade cooperative over 30 years ago.



Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Lotion 75ml
This lovely body lotion contains 15% Shea Butter, Calendula Extract (for a soothing effect), and Honey & Sweet Almond Extracts to add moisture. It is nice & light, and smells so gorgeous. This also absorbs really, really quickly and once it has, the skin is super soft and moisturised. It is especially good after sun exposure or waxing. This travel sized bottle does make it a little tricky to get out because it's made out of fairly hard plastic, but give it a shake upside down like a ketchup bottle and it'll come out.


Product link - http://uk.loccitane.com


Shea Butter ultra Rich Face Cream 15ml
With 25% Shea Butter, this cream is fabulous for dry or very dry skin. This cream stimulates the natural defences of the skin leaving it feeling stronger and softer. It has a very rich, creamy texture, which for me I can only use at night or if I'm not wearing make up in the day. A small amount goes a long way so this little pot will last me a while. The full size product comes in a lovely glass pot with a silver lid. It protects against dryness & harsh climatic elements.

Product link - http://uk.loccitane.com



Bonne Mère Milk Soap 100g
This is the only product that doesn't contain Shea Butter, but is instead enriched with White Mallow Milk, that helps to gently cleanse the skin without drying. It contains sustainable and eco-friendly Palm Oil. I am yet to use this but it looks so lovely how it is I don't want to ruin it! I love the design and old school look to it. You can buy these soaps in different scents and pastel shades. 

Product link - http://uk.loccitane.com




Shea Butter Hand Cream 10ml
Hands down the best hand cream I've used in my life. If you haven't tried this out yet then I do encourage you to do so as I'm sure you won't regret it. You can buy mini sizes such as a 30ml one if you don't want to blow £19.00 on it, but the full size is huge and lasts for ages. This is going straight into my hand bag as it's the perfect size. Whilst buying this set I also purchased the full sized hand cream which I will be writing a full & detailed review on. It holds 20% Shea Butter, Honey, Almond extracts and Coconut Oil. The cream is super rich & creamy, that protects, nourishes and moisturises, but also absorbs rapidly, leaving no oily or greasy traces, just incredibly supple hands. I cannot fault this product. 

Product link - http://uk.loccitane.com

The next few products are photographed in my hand so you can see the true size of each item.


Shea Butter Foot Cream 10ml
This little foot cream works wonderfully and is a little different to the other Shea Butter range, because it contains antiseptic Lavender Essential Oil to soothe and purify. It also includes anti-inflammatory Arnica extract which helps to reduce redness and irritation. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the Lavender scent, it is very tolerable as it goes on your feet, plus it feels really relieving for tired or sore feet. After using, my feet felt much softer and tough skin was dramatically reduced. Also absorbs very quickly.

Product link - http://uk.loccitane.com


Shea Butter Lip Balm 3ml
A very cute sized lip balm which contains 10% Shea Butter and is certified organic. It helps to moisturise, repair and protect dry / chapped lips. I'm an avid collector of lip balms and this is up there with my top picks. Feels very smooth on the lips but not sticky. It lasts well and provides a glossy sheen. Shea Butter is fabulous for dry areas of skin, such as lips, as this products proves.

Product link - http://uk.loccitane.com


I personally think this is a lovely collection and I'm in love with the Shea Butter range even more than I was before. Although they are mini sizes (except the soap) they will all last me a while I should think. What a bargain! 

I also had a code for a 7 day trial of L'Occitane's Divine Cream. This included seven sachets of 1ml - which gave me 1-2 applications per sachet. The cream itself was a lovely texture, but I do like a mattfying moisturiser and this ain't one of them - it leaves a sheen which isn't shiny or greasy but it isn't matte. I found my face was superbly soft after one use. 



On top of that, I received six free samples as well, which you can choose from around 8 I think, if you make an online purchase at http://uk.loccitane.com. I got repairing shampoo and conditioner, soothing shampoo, Eau de Toilette Verveine perfume sample (very lemon-y scent), plus Divine Extract Ultimate Youth Serum and Divine Extract Ultimate Youth Eye Treatment to go with my Divine Cream samples!



What a sample haul! If you love the Shea Butter range from L'Occitane or just want to say hi, please leave a comment below. If you own your own blog, share & I will happily follow you :) 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment