Sunday 2 June 2013

Botanics Facial Brush Review


Price - £6.00
Where I bought it - Boots
Product link - link not available right now; for some reason it's not currently on the boots website!

I bought this face brush whilst browsing in Boots a few weeks ago and as this was the only one available other than the expensive electrical ones, I decided to give it a go.

The bristles are extremely soft, which made me think it wouldn't be that good at scrubbing dirt off my skin, however it cleans my face effectively whilst being very gentle.
You can use it in a number of ways: squeezing a cleanser onto a dry brush and applying to a dry face; cleanser / face wash onto a dry brush onto a wet face; or wet the brush first then apply your product to your face or the brush. I usually put it onto a wet brush and wet face to really build up a lather. Sometimes I apply my cleanser onto a dry face before using the wet brush, but I find this doesn't work so well.

The first few times of using it I noticed a lot of bristles falling out and sticking on to my face - but this does go away. 



I thought the packaging was pretty stupid as the brush is open to any germs in the store and people picking it up. Obviously I gave it a thorough rinse before using. The wooden handle is lovely and the brush itself is very easy to maintain. I rinse it with clean running water and rub in circular movements on to my palm to get rid of any remaining product. I also dry the handle and lightly tap the bristles on to a clean towel before leaving to air dry.

I think this brush does a good job of cleansing the skin and leaves it feeling super smooth and clean. I don't use it as regularly as I hoped, because I don't particularly want to use it on make up.



After rinsing it and letting it dry, the bristles reform back to the original shape they were. It is still super soft after many uses so I think this little brush will last me quite a while!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment