Friday 19 July 2013

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream Review



This is an exciting review today as L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream is one of the best products I own! I seriously can't say enough good things about this product. I have finally bought the full size after  acquiring 4 or 5 of the mini sizes, because I didn't have the money to fully justify buying it! It is huge and will last me a very long time, so even though it is pricey, the value is there competely. 

The product is packaged in a wonderful foil tube which is perfect for getting the last dregs out, using a key tube squeezer (such as this), or even cutting it open to really get your moneys worth! As usual, L'Occitane's designs are very vintage and simple & no unneeded packaging. I'd like to mention the handy octagonal screw on cap too - perfect for when you've just applied it and you still have the product on your fingers, because the shape makes it easier to unscrew. 


The cream contains 20% Shea Butter, blended with Honey, Almond Extracts and Coconut Oil. It has an extremely rich & creamy texture but it is rapidly absorbed, leaving your hands super soft and smooth without the greasy / sticky / oily feeling. As you can see from the photo below, the texture is so thick it comes out in a cylinder shape. Don't let that put you off though, this cream really does absorb well, especially considering how rich it is. 

Moving on to the scent - I can't get enough of it. Of all the Shea Butter range that I've tried (reviews here and here) this beats them by a long way. I often catch myself with my palms in my face because the scent is just too good.


The effectiveness of this hand cream always enlightens me, leaving me with soft hands that I never knew existed. I often dab a dot onto each cuticle, to really moisturise around my nails where it tends to get a little hard, and also I've found this is great for the elbows. After getting horribly dry elbows recently, I applied this only about 3 or 4 times in a week, and they are almost back to normal now. Yes really!


Have you tried this award winning hand cream? If you haven't, you don't know what you're missing out on! 

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love this handcream, O am almost half-way finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too it's so gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by, love your blog - I'm now following you via Bloglovin' & GFC

      Delete