Sunday 30 June 2013

June Favourites - Vichy, Jurlique, L'Occitane, Soap & Glory, E.L.F & more

The month is nearly over & it's time for me to show you my favourite products of this month!



Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Cleanser
Full size price - £11.00 / 125ml
Product link - http://www.boots.com

This is a great multi-tasking product that I received in a Glossybox quite a while ago. I use it once or twice a week and there's still a load of product left and I won't be running out anytime soon. It's 3 in 1 because you can use it as a facial scrub every so often (it's quite abrasive so definitely not for everyday use) and included with the scrub it's also a cleanser. Now I haven't used it to take of my make up as I'd use a normal cleanser so I can't comment on how well it takes off but it's a plus I suppose. Lastly you can apply it to a dry face and leave it for 5 minutes for it to become a mask. I mostly use this as a face scrub but occasionally I will use it as a mask and it does feel good. It's not the easiest to wash off because of the clay in it but once you do you will notice a difference in your skin - super clean, no dry patches and smooth. 


It's slightly minty green in colour and it has fairly large beads which do a great job of scrubbing. Sometimes I find it a little too abrasive which is why I only use it roughly once a week.


L'occitane 100% Shea Butter
Price - £7.00 / 8ml - £26.00 / 150ml
Product link - http://uk.loccitane.com

This multi-purpose balm is great for anything and everything. Literally, you can use this for so many different areas and it really works. I use it mostly on my lips which make them super smooth and feels lovely, but also I've been getting dry knuckles recently and it's helped a lot with that too. There's so many other ways to use it (check out my full review here) but it is expensive so I tend to just use it for my dry lips and cuticles - which are so much better now because of it. 




I've had it quite a few months and although I've used a lot, bear in mind I use this religiously! It also has the loveliest subtle scent to it and feels so creamy.




Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner
Price - £2.99 
Product link - http://www.superdrug.com

Now I don't use eyeliner on a daily basis - I usually just go for simple mascara but when I want to have a more dramatic eye I go straight to this every time. Another item from a fairly recent Glossybox - at first I thought it wouldn't be that great but trust me once you've used this you will realise you don't need to pay top buck for a liquid eyeliner that doesn't wander off your eyelid! It stays on for so long with hardly a smudge in sight and this little baby really surprised me. 




Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara
Price - £22.00 / 8ml

Part of a free gift from an online purchase from Estee Lauder, I never realised what I was missing until I tried this out. Sadly I've nearly used all of it and I would be repurchasing straight away, but the fact I've got 8 + mascaras I need to actually use means I'd be silly to do that. However, this is a flexible mascara and what I mean by that is you can layer it up later in the day if needed, and / or add more coats depending how dramatic you want your lashes. After using this I actually started to lose interest in my Benefit - They're Real - yes really, as I felt They're Real left them too 'gappy' & was hard to manipulate once dried. Sucks to be me... I've bought a few extra backup as I thought I was in love with it - they won't go to waste though!




E.L.F Essential Lipstick in Seductive
Price - £1.50 / 3.5g
Product link - http://eyeslipsface.co.uk

I use this lipstick so much as it's a beautiful every day shade that goes with simple or dramatic eyes. It's not too pink - fairly similar to my natural lip colour so it's easy to wear anywhere. Now the reason it looks so messy and cheap is because 1. it is cheap and 2. it arrived damaged (bad E.L.F!). However I did get a refund although I just wanted a replacement. It is still useable; the whole lipstick came out of it's casing but I plopped it back in and I'm very weary whilst using it (I'd be like a child who's dropped their ice cream if it fell out). It's not drying, however not as moisturising as the other Essential lippies, but it lasts quite a while and I'm impressed as it's so cheap - well, free. 






Soap & Glory Archery - Brow Tint & Prescision Shaping Pencil
Price - £10.00 
Product link - http://www.boots.com

A must-have in my make up bag - this literally sorts your eyebrows out. If they are a bit bare and over plucked, or like me you have a big scar right through your brow where no hair grows, this pen / pencil will happily fill them in for you. It has a pencil on one end similar to other brow pencils (although admittedly not as sharp) and a fine felt tip-like pen on the other end. I use the pencil first to make the shape and fill in, then the pen to make the lines more crisp and to get the perfect thin 'end' of the brow. I will definitely be repurchasing soon as the pen is started to fade but it would be nicer if they had more of a range - I have 'Brownie Points' for brunettes and there is one for blonde's but an inbetweener would be great as sometimes it does make my brows a bit too dark even though I'm a brunette. 






Jurlique Love Balm
Price - £10.00 / 15ml
Product link - http://www.jurlique.co.uk

I won this recently from a Stella Beauty competition and it's a great find - similar to the L'Occitane Shea Butter it's a multi-purpose balm which can be used anywhere. On the lips it feels very balmy and melts when you touch it. It isn't a lip balm that stays on for long because it absorbs into your skin and once it has done my lips are so smooth. It's really made my lips so lovely (maybe even more than L'Occitane's) and I'm so grateful I got to try it. The scent is unique too - tangerine!




E.L.F High Definition Powder
Price - £6.00 / 8g
Product link - http://eyeslipsface.co.uk

Lastly is this unique powder - it's translucent, very fine and makes your face so incredibly soft to touch. It keeps my make up in place for much longer and it's replaced any other face powder I used before as you really can see the difference. What I love about E.L.F is their range is so cheap but such amazing quality and I've fallen in love with quite a few of their products now. I have to say this does pick up on the little hairs on your face (especially near the lip and cheek area) but a spritz of E.L.F's Makeup Mist & Set actually sorts that out. 







These are all firm favourites of mine and I've been using them daily / weekly all this month. They're products that I will keep repurchasing until I find something better (there's always something better out there!). Have any of you tried these items? Which do you like best? 


Thanks for reading; I really appreciate you all & don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' at the top right of this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment