Thursday 18 July 2013

Orly - Nailtrition Review



This post was originally posted on my nail blog at costellonails.blogspot.co.uk

I've had Orly's Nailtrition for quite some time now so I think it's the perfect time to give you a review on it. Nailtrition is for weak, peeling / flaking & splitting nails. If you find your nails can't get past a certain length without splitting this might be something you'd be interested in. Before using this product I had very weak nails that I could easily bend and I grew tired of breaking a nail every 2 weeks or so. The peeling on my nails was horrendous and weakened them incredibly. I had to find a treatment that worked, and after reading many reviews, I bought Nailtrition. 

Directions: 
Week One - Apply 1-2 coats daily. Remove at the end of the week.
Week Two - Repeat.
Repeat 2 week programme as necessary, waiting one week before reapplication.

I have tried doing it this way, but I find it very hard to live without a colour on my nails. So instead, I use this a base coat under any polish I decide to use. Orly do claim this is a good base coat and will still work under regular nail polish. 

- Nailtrition has a pink-y / clear shimmer shade by itself. More coats, more colour.
- It has a lovely purple rubberised handle allowing an easy grip and comfortable to hold
- The drying time isn't too bad - a few minutes
- Nails feel considerably stronger and not as bendy or peel
- Free of DBP, Formaldehyde & Toulene
- Can be used as a base coat or alone
- Can leave a bumpy surface / texture which can be seen through nail polish on top - therefore not the best base coat for an even finish.
- Contains Collagen, Wheat Protein, Keratin & Bamboo Extract
- Supposedly makes nails grower quicker
- Brush is a little on the skinny side - a thicker brush would be more appropriate for even coverage

I haven't got photos of my nail condition before because I was so eager to get it on and see the results, but from this photo below you can see my nails aren't peeling anymore and no breakages! Breakages are still going to happen especially as I'm always bashing them on things, but they are generally stronger and less susceptible to breaking.


I've now come to the last dregs of my beloved Nailtrition and after I've posted this I will be buying some more. My nails need this product in their life & I'm very happy with the results it has given. Before, I couldn't grow all my nails to a nice long length without at least one cracking / splitting or chipping. Now, my nails are getting healthier by the day which is amazing considering how often I paint and remove them.


Do consider buying this if your nails are in a similar condition to how mine were as I'm sure this will work for you too. If you've tried other related products to this please do let me know in the comments as I would love to compare them! 

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Are you still using this? I use all zoya products even the color locking system but my nails are just like yours, in that, they peel, bend, ridges, brittle if paint it more than twice a week. I bought orly nailtrition and on my 3rd day now and I like what I see. I was painting twice a day and it became too thick and started peeling so I took it off and put more with out the door on top. I know it goes against direction but I didn't want to paint them for a few days.
    You say you use this as a base coat? It peels and doesn't last like my Zoya basecoat, I am thinkin I have to put another base coat on top of this before polish when the time comes. I also heard it stains nails because it doesn't protect against some of the darker polishes? Have you tried anything else? I love how your nails are hard, I cannot grow mine long at all! I also don't take care of them with keeping them moist...kinda hard when you are washing hands all day and dealing with kids and holding the fort down lol.
    I want a nail hardener too, what would you suggest? I was thinking of using Orly defense and nailtrition in conjunction with a base coat but I am not sure now? IDK what to do honestly, probably trial and error to see what works for me? I wasn't sure if I should use nailtrition alone, buy defense, or essie grow strong...at a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't been able to grow my nails for years. They would, tear, crack split, and look like crap, no matter what I used. I had my nails done professionally every week or 2, but they still wouldn't grow. I gave up and resigned myself to ugly nails and hands. THEN, I found Orly Nailtrition and, since it was really not expensive, I bought a bottle, read the directions AND FOLLOWED THEM. I didn't try to tweek the formula that worked, or use it as a base coat. I put a coat or two on my nails every day and removed it and started over. My nails grew at a rate I never expected. They were strong, didn't peel or split. They were healthy. First time in probably over 30 years. Then, after almost a year of great nails, I decided to do it my way, and started having them 'done' again. All went well for couple months, and then it didn't. So today I began the Orly Nailtrition protocol again, and look forward to having great nails in about 5 or 6 weeks. Kimichanga, you should use only the Nailtrition until your nails have grown strong. What works is follow the directions! And whoever asked about it discoloring your nails. Absolutely NOT. Never had that problem. I just realized that these posts are 5 years old. Oh well, hope you all have great nails Now.

    ReplyDelete