Sunday 25 August 2013

Glossybox - August


I've been a bit slack on the blog front lately - mainly due to having a new job, playing Animal Crossing (that game is addictive) and generally being knackered. Due to this, my usual monthly Glossybox post is rather late and I'm sorry for that but here it is now!

August's theme was 'High-Flyers', which included products from all around the world rather than the usual British or U.S brands. Also they are brilliant for on-the-go and they're all under 100ml so you're able to take them on planes... not that I'm going on holiday this year :(
Glossybox also have a new CEO and apparently exciting products & surprises are ahead so let's hope they stay true to that.

What's in the box?



Urban Veda - Neem + Balance
Purifying Day Cream
Sample size - 10ml
Full size - £14.99 / 50ml
Product link - www.urbanveda.co.uk

'Founded on Ancient Indian principles'

A brand new skincare range by Urban Veda, reflecting Ayurveda's holistic health & well being system based on the idea of using nature to live a healthier, more balanced lifestyle. Formulated to naturally combat pollution, leaving skin less vulnerable to the environment. Ayurvedic bioactive botanicals detoxify congested skin.

This cream smells really nice & refreshing and helps to wake you up in the morning. It dries quickly and does not leave your skin feeling sticky or greasy. It absorbs fantastically and is mattifying so it's perfect for oil prone skin. It contains no SLS, parabens, no GM ingredients and they are against animal testing.


Emite Makeup
Professional Eyelash Curler
Full size included - £20
Product link - www.emitemakeup.com

Sweden

These eyelash curlers are unique in the way that they are black with red silicone pads that apply the right amount of pressure to curl naturally. They have a special curved design to suit all eye shapes without touching your make up base. 

I don't often use curlers simply because I find the curl goes after applying mascara but I will definitely be testing these out to see if they do a better job than my current ones. They are sturdy but there is not much else to say amount them! 


TRESemme
Keratin Smooth Concentrated Treatment Shot
Full size included - £1.49 / 15ml

USA

A cute little treatment shot for one-time use. Apply once a week to shampooed hair but avoid roots. Leave for 60 seconds and rinse. 

15ml won't be much for my long hair but I will always appreciate conditioners as mine is always quite dry. It's not something I'd buy as it's way too small but I'll be glad to give it a go, it's waiting to be used in my collection of hair masks. 



Jelly Pong Pong
2-in1 Eyeliner & Shadow in Black
Full size included - £10.50
Product link - www.jellypongpong.com

U.K

A multi-tasking eyeliner that can be used as a smudged eyeshadow. This product is my least favourite out of the bunch mostly because it's in black - I would never wear black eyeshadow as I like my eye make up to be quite clean but I would possibly try smudging it but even then I don't usually wear heavy eye make up. 
If it were another shade, which other people did get I believe, then I'd be much more inclined to try it out as an eyeshadow stick. I have to say though, that this product is very pigmented and super black but I can't imagine it lasting long - major transfer comes to mind. Something I will probably be passing on.



Océane
Make Up Remover Pen
Product not available in the U.K

Brazil

This product is perfect for on-the-go or if you're in a rush as you can easily remove mascara / eyeliner / lipstick mistakes without having to dip a cotton bud in remover. I had similar cotton buds that snap and liquid comes out of the middle tube part but they weren't very precise. I've thought of buying a similar product before but now I don't have to! It can be used on eyes or lips & it seems to remove fairly well but the tip does get dirty as soon as you use it. This is made up by the fact it includes three spare tips. I can imagine the dirty tip transferring easily and it's not something you can easily clean unfortunately. It has no scent. I've been using this product a lot and it's been very useful in the mornings. 


Here I've swatched the Jelly Pong Pong eyeliner and removed a small part with this pen. As you can see it's worked well but doesn't leave a completely clean line. Below is the dirty tip after one use.


I didn't get overly excited by this month's box but I think I'm starting to get a little bit bored by Glossybox. I still love trying out the products but recently there's usually something I don't actually like - such as the eyeliner this time. The cream was nice but GB loves giving out face creams and I'm still trying to get through my stash! I felt they all went with the High-Flyers theme in some way but I'm looking forward to these great treats GB have supposedly got lined up for us! 

Who subscribes? Let me know if you think yours was worth the money or not! 

Non-subscribers - would you buy happy spending £12.95 on this?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment