Monday 29 April 2013

Latest In Beauty Sample Box




Yesterday I received my Latest in Beauty sample box which includes 3 samples of my choice out of a small selection. I've mentioned LIB before; you pay £1.50 for p&p (via text), for 3 samples. They are usually sachets. There is often perfume samples which is a great way to try a certain perfume before purchasing. I've also received a lot of face creams. Unfortunately LIB don't update the options that frequently, and some months I couldn't order a box because I had tried all the samples already & you only try them once each. You can order every 30 days. 

This time I got:

James Bond 007 Eau de Toilette - I gave to my boyfriend but he didn't like it so I tried it aswell and agreed. This fragrance is the typical 'manly' perfume scent, way too strong & overpowering. It wasn't unpleasant; we just prefer more interesting scents. I found it strange that it was a gel-like liquid. I was expecting a little piece of fabric soaked in the stuff. There was also a lot in there; you could use this a few times. It was 0.7ml which is a similar amount to the little perfume vials / bottles so I don't quite understand why they decided to package it this way.
Will not be purchasing.




Melvita Ultra Nourishing Face Cream - For dry & delicate skin.
This face moisturiser is the most unique smelling cream (for face) I've smelt. It is supposed to be apricot scent, but it is hard to describe what it really smells like. It's a very strong scent, which some people may not like for their face cream. I used this at night only; its too thick for day time, plus it's for very dry skin, so it would work better without any make up over the top. I found it did a good job; and it was greasy or too thick-feeling on my skin. This is a possible repurchase for me, I've enjoyed the Melvita products I have used so far. The 2.0ml sachet lasted me about 3 or 4 applications - not bad!



'Mystery Item' Aveda Invati Exfoliating Shampoo - 'Solution for thinning hair'
I liked how LIB gave me the choice of a mystery item, as I haven't seen that before, and receiving a shampoo was a refreshing change. Although a small size for shampoo (10ml), its good to be able to try a shampoo like this as its £19.95 for 200ml. I've used once & have about half left. I have very long, thick, dry hair so this small sample wasn't ever going to go far for me. Also it is for thickening hair, which I don't need, but I didn't find it thickened up my hair any more so, which is probably a good thing. The smell was an unusual, herby kind of scent. Interesting and I quite like the scent. The formula was a liquid-y consistency &  caramel-coloured, but it didn't have any exfoliating parts like the name suggests. I didn't think this product was that great, it didn't lather up as well as my usual shampoos, I had to use quite a lot, and it felt like I couldn't wash it out full either. Won't be purchasing.



No comments:

Post a Comment