Monday 15 April 2013

Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub


This is a lip scrub or exfoliator to help remove dry and chapped lips. I have extremely chapped lips all year round unfortunately, so I buy many lip balms to attempt to sort them out. However, to make them really smooth, you need a scrub to help remove dead skin before applying the lip balm.

Also if you apply your lip colour and notice your lips are too chapped for the lipstick to look good, then you should seriously think about exfoliating your lips! We scrub our face and body so why never our lips?

As always with Lush, the ingredients are only from companies that DON'T test on animals - only humans, the products are freshly handmade (your sticker will tell you when it was made and when to use it by), they use little or no packaging or preservatives and only vegetarian ingredients. Amazing!

So because the ingredients in this lip scrub are edible, it says to lick the product off your lips after scrubbing. The girl in the Lush store even said she sometimes scoops some out just to eat it! (I wouldnt recommend that unless you really love it haha)

This makes it quite useful to remove by simply licking it off but not great if you don't like the taste!





Packaging

Small glass pot with plastic black screw-on lid.
Holds 25g of product




Scent

Slightly popcorn/butter scent. It is very sweet smelling, quite sickly.

Texture

Like sugar with a small amount of oil, very grainy & not a paste.
Due to this it is quite hard to pick up the product with fingers as it falls off your lips and fingers. Can be very messy.



Taste

Not to my taste. The salt definitely puts me off. Sometimes you get a big chunk of salt which is not nice... It is very sweet and salty, however it doesn't taste like actual popcorn but enough to give it the name I suppose, although you don't usually have sweet AND salt popcorn!

Ingredients




As you can see there is only a little amount of ingredients, all natural and consumable.

There are other flavours to choose from (bubblegum & mint julips). I may have to try the bubblegum one.

After trying this in store and noticing my lips were much smoother, I went back a couple days later to purchase it after reading some reviews of course. I wish now I'd tried other flavours - I don't use it that much because I'm growing to HATE the taste of it! Also, the method is just too messy. When rubbing on the lips it just crumbles everywhere down on the floor or your lap. I usually just wipe off with a wipe instead of licking it off.

It is the first lip scrub I have tried, however the the E.L.F one is supposed to be really good but I've been waiting for months for it to come back in stock, and it's super cheap!

If you are considering buying this Lush product then I would seriously recommend trying it in store before you purchase. It is quite pricey for such simple ingredients (you could make your own lip scrub at home). It says it lasts for a year & 2 months on the date sticker & you only use a little amount each time, so it will probably last much longer than a year at the rate I'm using it!

Also it is filled to the brim, and as you can see mine has hardly been dented after a few uses.

Price - £5.25 for 25g
Buy online or in store - https://www.lush.co.uk/product/6080/Popcorn-Lip-Scrub

Pros -


  • Improves the look of chapped lips
  • Made even my lips smoother
  • Good to use before lipstick
  • Unique range of flavours
  • Friendly ingredients
Cons
  • A bit gimmicky to eat it. I personally dont like eating salt.
  • Flavour may get too much over time
  • Very messy to use
  • Strong smell (personal preference)
  • Pricey for what it is
I may repurchase in a different flavour but not before I buy the E.L.F one.

I'd find it interesting if you let me know what you think if you've tried this!


*All photos used are my own

1 comment:

  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hair care tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete