Saturday 18 May 2013

Benefit's Gina Goes Glam Set Review




As one of my lovely birthday gifts I received this gorgeous Benefit set, titled 'Gina Goes Glam'. I do love Benefit so I was so happy to receive this!

Inside the beautiful box was Gina Goes Glam perfume, a sample of the POREfessional and a mini They're Real! mascara. I've had two Benefit perfumes before, one I'm still using (Laugh With Me Lee Lee) which were great and I used frequently. This one is just as nice, infact better than the other's I've tried. Secondly, I have been itching to get my hands on the Porefessional primer for a while now and failed to find a sample from any Benefit counters. Finally now I have one, so I can properly test it out before blowing my precious money on it. Lastly, the lovely mascara - a big favourite of mine for a long time.

My Place Or Yours Gina perfume
Price - £29.50 / 30ml





This perfume is RRP £29.50 which is a bargain becuase this whole set retails at £29.50. Here's a description from the Benefit website as they explain it much better than I would! It really is a lovely scent & I'm glad I've been able to try it from this set.


Woody oriental - an alluring affair of pink pepper, wild raspberry & patchouli. A seductively provocative scent with a "flaunt it if you've got it" attitude. A poem to describe Gina... 

Gina lives to seduce,

to tempt & flauntand knows you should always
get what you want. so sinfully sexy
her allure is unjust,but as they say... 
"all's fair in love & lust." 

Top notes: pink pepper, bergamot, tangerine 
Middle notes: peony, wild raspberry, white lily 
Bottom notes: patchouli, tonka bean, vanilla bean

The POREfessional
Price - £24.50 / 22ml
(Sample size 7.5ml - around £6.12)







Although it looks small, this sample is worth over £6.00 and you really don't need to use much of this product. I've only tried this a couple of times so far, and loved the way it made my skin silky soft. I've yet to see how well it works as a primer, but I did notice a small difference to my pores. I hope it lives up to its claims, I will finish this sample and decide whether to buy the full size or not. I was going to buy it anyway without trying but I felt anxious about paying the price for something that might not be so great. If I do decide to purchase it I will be sure to do a review!

They're Real! mascara
Price - £19.50 / 8.5ml
(Sample size 3.0g - about £9.50)






As you can see it has a spikey end, allowing you to comb through your lashes after using the main part, but it does tend to collect a lot of product on the end so you may need to wipe it first because it can get a little clumpy / thick! I used to be very loyal to this mascara but have been reaching for Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Extreme more recently. This is purely because I do find They're Real can become quite clumpy at times. It does make your lashes much, much longer and thicker, guaranteed! A bonus is you can buy this smaller size at around half the price, if you are uncertain of purchasing the full size. 

A gorgeous set to buy somebody as a gift, or just for yourself, as you pay the same amount as the perfume alone! On the Benefit website it is currently at £19.67, so even more of a bargain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment