Thursday 9 May 2013

Free Glossybox

Free Glossybox from Covent Garden


Yesterday I went to Glossybox's public event in Covent Garden, London, to celebrate their 2nd birthday. It was also my 21st birthday yesterday so I just had to go and make a day out of it! I got there around 12 ish I think, and there was a countdown to when the giant Glossybox opened and revealed it's contents. There was a lot of faffing around and we had to wait for the celebrity to come, which I think is why the timer reset it self and we had to wait an extra 15 minutes! The celebrity was Kimberly from the Pussycat Dolls. Anyway when the timer finished everybody scrambled to grab a box and it was just chaos. I was getting PUSHED to the front, and I was so claustrophobic it was unreal. It was worse than any gig I've been to and I've been to my fair share! However I managed to fiiinally get one, at last. This is what was in my box!




In the photo above I added the freebies you get given when you first arrived to the event which was the Glossybox blusher, a sleeping mask and a heart shaped lollypop.
It was a nice touch to get the extra freebies although I've had them all before as each was an extra in previous boxes.


Roger & Gallet
Shower Cream, Body Lotion & Perfume Samples



In this generous sample pack you get shower cream, body lotion and a perfume vial. The perfume is very sweet and fruity. Strong but a lovely scent. This holds 1.5ml, and the shower cream and lotion are 10ml each. I haven't tried them yet but I bet they're good!

Full size prices:

Eau Fraiche - £32.00 / 100ml
Body Lotion - £13.00 / 200ml
Shower Cream - £9.00 / 200ml

Premae Harmony Balm





 This 10ml sample of moisturiser from Premae, is a skin primer and skin protecter. It includes antiseptic lemongrass oil and aloe vera that soothes breakouts and reduces excess oil in the skin. Use after cleansing and toning. I've use Premae before through Glossybox (a toner) which I enjoyed using so I am looking forward to trying this out.

Full size price - £26.50 / 20ml

Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara







Next is the Jelly Pong Pong mascara - I've use this brand before via Glossybox aswell, a lip stain / balm which I use quite frequently. The packaging for this is much sturdier, it feels very slight but not breakable (like the lip balm). The purple plastic is very smooth and it looks lovely. It is water-resistant, non clumping and long lasting. It looks fairly natural, I did try to build up the layers but found difficulty adding a second coat. I used to be very loyal to my Benefit - They're Real mascara but noticed it can become quite clumpy sometimes. This did not clump at all and it feels very light on the lashes! I'm pretty sure this is full size so that makes this box amazing value as I didn't pay a penny for it! :)

Full size price - £15.00


Beautiful Movements Cosmetics 
Prime & Create Mixing Medium



This is from Kimberly Wyatt's beauty range, who made an appearance at the event and talked about make up and promoted her brand etc while the timer counted down. It's a clear aloe vera based gel, which can be turned into a cream foundation, blush and eye shadow that work for all skin types. You can use it alone as a primer to give a matte, shine-free base for make up, mix it with foundation for an airbrush effect, with powder blushers and bronzers to create a cream tint, or with eye shadow pigments to create liquid eyeliners.  I love the idea of making liquid eyeliner out of eyeshadows and the fact it's got so many uses. I haven't tried it yet but excited to do so as I haven't tried anything like this.

Full size price - £20.00 / 20g


Headline Colors Poolside Party nail polish in 'Catwalk'



Lastly, a nail polish in a hot pink. Got loads of pinks so will compare to my others and see how it lasts / chips. Not overly excited for this but another full size is pretty nice! The other choices of colour on my leaflet looked a bit more interesting but I'm pretty sure everyone got the same shade as I did. Might include this in a nail review at some point. It is free of toxins which is always good too.

An extra freebie also was some Glossybox matchbox-style mini nail files which are cute and handy for the handbag without grating your possessions! 




All in all this was a great box especially for free, although to be honest I wouldn't of been that impressed if I'd paid for it. The mascara is worth £15 so that is amazing to get it for nothing. Did any of you turn up to the event? I heard some people were pretty angry that the free boxes were only being given out in London, which I think is stupid as they are based in London and it would make sense to hold it there, the biggest city in the U.K. I probably wouldn't of made the effort to go if it wasn't my birthday, and I live just outside London. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment