Friday 17 May 2013

Glossybox - May 2013 (2nd Birthday)

May Glossybox 2013






May seems to be the month of birthdays! Some of my families birthday, plus mine and also Glossyboxs 2nd birthday, hence their birthday themed box.
They held an event in Covent Garden which I attended and collected a free box, (read my post here), which unfortunately has some of the same items in, so now I have dupes. Not to complain though, they were free! But I was paying for items I already had... By the way, apologies for some of the dark photos.

Anyway, what was in my May box?

Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray (Paul Mitchell)




I've tried this once and I have to say that I'm not overly impressed, it didn't really add that much shine, especially compared to the shine spray I'm currently using. As it's called a shine spray it kind of defeats the purpose but it does claim to protect hair too so that is a plus.

Glossybox says:

Pamper your hair! Used by Hawaiian natives to nourish and moisturise skin and hair, Awapuhi leaves all hair types soft, silky and hydrated. With ingredients proven to restore eak and damaged hair, the Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray not only adds shine but also protects your hair from daily wear and tear, ensuring you'll stay glossy throughout the day. A full size of this is great especially as it's pretty pricey.

Full size price - £18.95 / 125ml



Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara




As I say in my free Glossybox post, this mascara goes on nicely, a vey natural look, but I id have difficultly taking it off (it went all stringy?!) and have not tried it since. So I wasn't really happy I got another one, however I gave it to my mum to try out, and warned her about the stringy / goopiness. I wonder if anyone else had this problem too? Another full size is wonderful though, but I really disagree with how much this is worth.

Glossybox says:

If you think Fairy Lashes sounds a bit girlie, trust us, the hard-wearing mascara is anything but. It is however, genuinely magical: waterproof, long-lasting and feather light. Non-clumping, but lengthening and volumising.

Full size price - £15.00



Beautiful Movements Cosmetics Prime & Create Mixing Medium




Another dupe, but it is quite welcome to my beauty stash. It's quite a versatile product, as you can create creamy products from powder based ones. I have tried it, swatching some eyeshadow mix with it onto my hand, but it didn't stay off for very long so uncertain about the staying power of this product. However now I have two it make 5g so it's worth £5, not bad!

Glossybox says:

A must-have clear aloe vera based gel, which can be turned into a cream foundation, blush and eye shadow that work for all skin types. The possibilities are endless! Use alone as a primer, with powder blushers and bronzers to create a cream tint, or with eye shadow for liquid eyeliner.

Full size price - £20.00 / 20g



Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner



This is a liquid eyeliner that is incredibly resisiliant, I did a swatch on my hand and rubbed and rubbed it but it would not budge. Then I dampened it and rubbed. It faded the tiniest bit. Only when I washed my hands and scrubbed the part on my hand it came off. Now that's what you want from an eyeliner! This will probably be replacing my usual Rimmel liquid eyeliner, which just doesn't quite cut it anymore these days. Who knew Collection did such a good eyeliner! A bargain too.

Glossybox says: 

Collection's Fast Stroke Eyeliner is a firm favourite with beauty lovers everywehere. It's unique waterproof formula makes it a must-have product for any occasion, taking you straight from day to night and from the beach to the after party. What's even  better, it's handy size ensures it won't take up too much space in your bad, making it the perfect travel companion. 

Full size price - £2.99 / 6ml


Headline Colors Nail Polish




Thank god I didn't get the same colour nail polish! A light blue. It's nice, I wouldn't choose it personally but it's always nice to have random colours in your collection to use for nail art etc. Haven't worn this yet nor the other shade in the free box but I shall post swatches for them soon on here. Another full size!

Glossybox says:

Adding a bit of colour to the mix is Headline Colors, a brand new colour collection with it's finger firmly on the fashion pulse. Each limited-edition polish boasts an ultra-high pigment level for rich, intense colour and gloss plus UV absorbers for staying power - less chipping, less flaking. More importantly, Headline Colours polishes are free of toxins.

Full size price - £9.00 / 10ml


A little extra was the Glossybox matchbox-style mini nail files, handy for the handbag, which I also gave to my mum. 




No comments:

Post a Comment