Saturday 19 January 2013

Glossybox - January 2013

The Detox Box



Vichy Normaderm 3in1 Cleanser



This is a 3in1 cleanser from Vichy that can be used as a face scrub, cleanser and face mask. It is formulated with purifying, peeling glycolic & salicylic acids (which helps spot and imperfections). It is also 25% clay, which purifies imperfection-prone, sensitive skin. 

To use as cleanser/exfoliator: apply to a wet face using circular movements, and rinse off. 
To use as mask: apply a thin layer all over except eye and lip area, and leave to dry for around 5 minutes. 

I haven't used this as a mask yet but the
exfoliator and cleanser was nice enough, although the clay in it makes it a bit of a task to wash off. It left my skin very clean, soft and minimised my pores. 

I like the fact that you can use it for different things depending on how much time you have, although its a pretty average scrub. 

Will update when I have used it as a mask :)

*Update*

I have now used this as a mask, and I have to say I prefer the results much more than just using it as a face scrub. I apply a medium to thin layer all over, staying far away from my eyes, and leave for 5 - 10 minutes. During this time, the mask dries really quickly (especially a thin layer), and makes your face feel quite stiff. If I smile it cracks but doesn't fall off, you can even stroke your face without getting any on your hands or it falling away. Then I wash it off, which takes some time as the clay is quite hard to get off. My face felt really soft and had a sheen to it, it was so clean.

Now I like this product even more as it does the job well both ways. Also I saw a Vichy section in the more expensive skincare section in Boots so I can easily get hold of this stuff again!
Jason - Lips Bee Healthier

 

This is a lip balm by Jason, which means 'healer' in Greek. They use natural ingredients such as Beeswax, Vitamin E & Green Tea Extract. Organic Aloe Vera Gel is there to soothe and protect chapped lips, Shea Butter & Sweet Almond oil help to moisturise the lips.

When I first applied this lip balm, it felt hard but it started to melt onto my lips once it felt the heat. It went on smoothly, and I felt a small tingle from the Peppermint Leaf Oil, which also made my lips feel cool. Usually I don't really like Peppermint stuff that makes you tingly, but this is subtle and feels quite nice! My lips are always dry and chapped, so I loved that I got this in my box, although its pretty cheap. I've found my lips are smooth and soft after use but I'm still yet to find a balm that will cure it completely! Any suggestions?

Premae Skincare - Balance Rescue Face Tonique



This is a refreshing face toner 'for combination skin' which supposedly mattifies and rejuvenated congested skin. It contains antiseptic lemongrass and sandalwood oil, along with the main ingredient, rose water. That's all the ingredients in this bottle, which is simple but very good for skin as there is no alcohol or fragrances. Like a normal toner, it cuts through grease, dirt and oil but without stripping the natural oils, and leaves skin fresh and plump.

It does have a slight scent, which I guess is the oils natural fragrances, along with a slight rose hint. It left my skin very clean and fresh, not necessarily 'plump', but smooth. You use this like a normal toner, after cleansing, with a cotton pad. I found it was nice, but not really that different to other toners I've used, except for the very natural ingredients.

This bottle was 30ml but not quite filled up to the top.

Some benefits of this toner:

Allergy friendly
100% Non animal tested
Vegan certified by Vegan Society
Recycled packaging, ethically sourced
Made in England & 100% natural

This is what they said on Premae Skincare's website:
What will my skin experience in the first 30 days?
In 1-7 days, my skin will appear less oily, greasy with blackheads begin to dissapear
In 14 days, my skin will feel smoother and less spotty, the trapped/clogged pores look cleaner
In 21 – 28 days, my skin will feel more flawless and brighter

Which pleased me! It costs £17.50 for 100ml on their website, but naughty Glossybox told us it was £27.50 for 50ml?! Bad Glossybox.

Sanctuary Spa - Active Reverse Thermal Transformation Mask




I was kinda let down when I saw this in my box, as I already have one of these samples that I got for free. I hadn't tried it yet so getting another one made me more inclined to try it out, especially as your supposed to use these products for 30 days to see a real difference (apparently).
This is supposed to dramatically improve the appearance of your skin, by firming and refining to reveal smoother, glowing, even skin. And it minimise fine lines & wrinkles.

So did any of this happen to my skin? Hmmm, not really. I don't have many lines so can't comment too much on that. My skin wasn't dramatically improved, but it was a little firmer and smoother. I will use the other sample soon so I can see if there's any more effect but I doubt it.

I do have to comment that the warming effect was pretty intense, not what I look for in a mask but definitely an experience! You apply the serum, and then the clay mask, which heats up when combined together. The heat only last for a short while, when you first put it on for about 3 seconds and then cools. The more mask you put on the more heat. It's very, very warm but doesn't burn your skin. I'm not sure many people will really like the feeling. It's definitely unique and you gotta try it if its free!

The only other thing was I was confused at how many times this sample was supposed to last. It said to apply the serum generously and by doing this I used up the whole sample, which was 3.5ml, but then I had way too much clay mask leftover, which was 7ml. So I could use the mask twice but the serum once... Why did they make the sample quantity so different?! I got to use the mask again but with no heat...hmm.

Anyway they give you a good amount for a sample so shouldn't complain. However Glossybox we know it didn't cost you anything! Cheeky.






Monu - Renu Flash Relax Mask



This face mask has a 'instant detox effect' and provides an immediate boost for your skin. It is paraben-free which is always lovely, so if you can sensitive skin this should be okay. It contains Ginseng and magnesium that relaxes fine lines, and vitamins C & B5 enhance natural radiance and promotes moisture balance.

I'm not really sure why I received this in my Glossybox as they know I have young skin, however I gave it a go as I do like face masks. It is a clear gel, and very easy to massage onto your face, and fairly easy to wash off for a face mask. I left it on for about ten minutes (it suggests 5-10) and in that time it turned to a tacky kind of film. It then sort of turned back into the gel consistency when I started to wash it off.

When I had it on my skin I felt a slit tingling sensation, which I didn't particularly enjoy, but they do warn you about that on their website. It did leave my skins really lovely and soft, but other than that I didn't notice much else. Maybe it's because it's for mature skin?

It retails at £32 for 100ml, and I received 30ml in my box.

Glossybox also gave an extra gift to us this month, which was a pink and black sleep eye mask, which is a nice touch, and I may use this once or twice haha.

If you receive Glossybox then please let me know what you got in your box, and if you have any questions please ask!

Thanks for reading and hope its been helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment