Wednesday 12 June 2013

Glossybox - June 2013 Review

My June Glossybox

I received mine a few days ago and now I've tried all the products I thought it was time to tell you what I think. The theme is Summer Looks and I agree that most of my products were fairly summery in some kind of way.






Nuxe Prodigieuse OR



This is a shimmer oil that is extremely shimmery! It's quite a small bottle but you really don't need much as it spreads easily. 

- 6 precious plants oils & vitamin E
- Easily absorbed (seriously!)
- Illuminates skin & hair
- Strong but pleasant scent
- Very shimmery
- Can be applied to the face, body and hair (massage into scalp and hair and wrap in a dry towel for 15 to 20 mins before washing
- Great for summer

The full size comes with a spray which would make application much easier, especially for hair. I wouldn't apply this to my face as it would be too shimmery but on the shoulders and décolleté would be perfect.

Price - £34.00 / 100ml
My size - 10ml
Product link  - https://uk.nuxe.com


Monu Professional Skincare Hydrating Moisturiser SPF 15





This is a great moisturiser by a great brand and a very generous sample too.

- Zinc Oxide SPF - UVA & UVB Protection
- Vitamin E fights free radicals
- Soft focus technology helps blur imperfections & correct skin tone
- Pleasant scent
- Non-greasy
- Very moisturising 


It is thick in texture but not heavy on the skin. It's also little white if you apply too thickly as with most SPF creams.

Price - £29.95 / 50ml
My size - 30ml
Product link - http://www.monushop.co.uk




Figs & Rouge - Coco Rose lip balm



This is a unique lip balm that is slightly tinted and shimmery. I don't find it that moisturising and treat it more of a lipgloss rather than a balm. The texture is like a glossy balm - it has a sheen but doesn't feel sticky like a gloss. Great to use over lipstick.

- 100% natural
- Packed with anti-oxidants
- Subtly tinted
- Can be used on cuticles, elbows, eyelids for sheen & to tame eyebrows 
- Petroleum free
- Rose scented (I would have preferred the cheery - sounds more interesting)
- Feels smooth on lips
- Handy hygienic tube

Price - £5.00 / 12.5ml
My size - full size above
Product link - http://www.feelunique.com


Paul Mitchell Curls
Full Circle Leave-In Treatment & Ultimate Wave





Firstly I thought I'd received an extra item in my box but in fact this is a duo that are fairly similar. I haven't used the Ultimate Wave yet but I might do a full review on both of these. I found the Leave-In treatment didn't do that much to my hair - it didn't particularly keep the curls that I'd scrunched in but maybe you are supposed to use these two products in conjunction with each other - I'm not sure as they didn't make it that clear. My hair is naturally fairly straight so I'm confused at why they sent me products for curly hair.

Full Circle Leave-In Treatment
- Hydrates
- Detangles
- Tames frizz
- Replenishes & protect against damage

Ultimate Wave 
- Creates tousled beach waves
- Forms, separates and adds texture
- Humidity-resistant
- Keeps frizz at bay

Prices:
Full Circle Leave-In Treatment - £14.95 / 200ml
Ultimate Wave - £11.95 / 150ml

My size - 15ml each

Q - Body Spray


This is an interesting body spray that is a bit more sophisticated than the old Impulse. I suppose this spray is more for an older age group rather than Impulse's teen age group (although I do use it myself) as the packaging is more toned down and the scent isn't just girly. 

- Sheer, floral top-notes & warm sensual base notes
- Supposedly lasts all day
- Clean & fresh
- Supposed to resemble Dior's J'Adore

Price - £2.29 / 100ml
My size - full size above
Product link - http://www.boots.com - Save a third at Boots at the moment! (£1.53)



Overall, I thought this box was okay. Nothing that great, I enjoyed the Monu moisturiser and the oil is something I wouldn't normally buy so it's nice to try it. This box didn't wow me but it's always down to personal opinion. I received two full sized products; I saw someone had all full sized products! As usual I will use everything and it's not a waste of money for me.

Do you have a Glossybox subscription? Let me know what you got in yours. Or, if you're intrigued and want to sign up, you can use my personal link here that gives me Glossydots :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment